Monday, October 8, 2012

Tresia's Tex-Mex Salad

Several years ago when I worked as a nail tech in Boca Raton a few of my co-workers and I would frequent this salad bar which only prepare salads and this is one of the recipe after tasting I memorize the ingredients, I went home and prepare this salad and it tasted a lot better than the salad bar. its one of my favorite and I usually make a large bowl so that I have left over for lunch and dinner. I wanted to share my version with you. When preparing you can add your little twist, If you follow this recipe you will love It. This salad Is light, refreshen, and filling. You can serve this as a vegetarian dish or serve with grill chicken breast. Thanks! Enjoy the recipe.
Shown are the end result, scroll down for recipe.



Add caption

Tresia's Tex-Mex Salad
Ingredients
1- med red onion, diced
1ea.-red, orange, yellow peppers, diced
2-corn on cob, boil and shaved
1/2 -cup dried black beans, boil
1- Haas avocado
1-vine ripe tomato, diced
3-romaine stalk, shredded
1or 1/2- bunch fresh cilantro chopped
3/4- cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
Prepare corn and beans over night time wise. In a large salad bowl combine all ingredients except cheese, tomatos and avocado, these will be added on top of the salad. Toss salad refrigerate. Preparations for chipolite dressing, I recommend preparing this overnight it's more flavorful.

Chipolite Salad Dressing
Ingredients
1/2- cup fresh cilantro 
1- tbsp minced chipoltie chili pepper
1-tsp ground cumin
1-tsp chili pepper
4- tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4-cup cold press olive oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt 
Combine all ingredients, blend and let sit overnight. Enjoy!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment